One of the nationâ€™s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the Worldâ€™s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of Americaâ€™s Top 500 Public Companies.Â Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.Â Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
About Rivendell Behavior Health:
Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital, is a 125 bed Joint Commission accredited hospital, which provides the highest quality psychiatric care to children and adolescents in crisis, teen with substance abuse, adults with chemical dependency issues, and senior adults.Â The hospital is located on a 49-acre campus in the heart of South Central Kentucky in Bowling Green.Â We have earned our place as a provider of choice.Â Patient safety and confidentiality in treatment are top priorities.
Responsible for the accounts receivable data input, financial counseling, and self-pay arrangements. Completes insurance verifications daily.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform all financial functions relating to patient admissions:
A. Verify insurance benefits of all insurance admissions daily (Medicaid coverage/eligibility when applicable).
B. Coordinate with Utilization Review department to ensure all pre-certifications are in place on all admissions, and obtain all pertinent data for patient accounting.
C. If family is not able to apply for Medicaid the Patient Account Representative will instruct and obtain from guarantors, all information needed to complete application for Medicaid.
D. Ensure assignment of insurance benefits, Financial Agreement and other required admission forms (see Admission Policy) are properly signed by guarantor and in place.
E. Set up a financial file with all financial class information daily.
2. Follow patient through length of stay ensuring that any necessary financial class changes are made properly, and ongoing re-certifications are in place. Notify biller of all financial data changes.Â
3. Communicates with guarantors as needed on first party collections.
4. Prints face sheets and sends to physicians billing services each Monday evening for the previous Monday through Sunday admissions. Each face sheet will contain COMPLETE insurance information and admitting diagnosis. Vendor will obtain face sheets on consults at the time services rendered.
5. Coordinates patientsâ€™ outside services with appropriate staff.
6. Backs up Business Office Manager on reporting census information to Home Office by 10:00 AM each day.
7. Performs Business Office Daily functions in absence of Business Office Manager.
8. Any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
9. Will adhere to all safety policies and safe work practice.
10. Will attend hospital safety trainings.
11. Will adhere to all hospital policies and procedures.