JOB SUMMARY: The Executive Director, Business Development will identify, evaluate, and execute accretive relationships for VUMC based on institutional strategy and goals. The Executive Director, Business Development will participate in, and/or lead growth efforts that include mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations with a particular focus on industry partnerships, new delivery models and ambulatory surgery centers. The Executive Director, Business Development may also participate in, and/or manage teams regarding hospital mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations. This position reports to the Senior VP, Business Development.
This role is responsible for identifying and executing new, accretive, business opportunities with a particular focus on industry partnerships, new care delivery models, and ambulatory surgery centers.
In partnership with key stakeholders develop, and continuously refine, criteria and processes for identifying and successfully executing new business opportunities.
Develop, and update on a regular basis, prioritized plans for growth in targeted verticals.
Build trusted relationships that result in new opportunities for VUMC.
Develop proposals and presentations for new partnerships.
Successfully create new relationships that are aligned with the plan and criteria for growth.
Participate in and/or lead teams regarding potential mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations.
Tracks, and reports on, performance of growth efforts and measures ROI on an ongoing basis, using the information to further refine approach, criteria for partnerships and acquisitions.
Demonstrates industry-leading understanding of healthcare trends, drivers, and evolving alignment options utilizing market information to guide business development efforts and to inform strategy.
Builds trusted relationships with executives and other stakeholders to discuss strategy and ensure alignment..
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.