DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
The ED Tech is a member of the emergency department patient care services team with primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The ED TECH is assigned to work under the supervision of a registered nurse who delegates tasks based upon patient needs and ED Tech skills and scope of practice.
1. Collaborates and cooperates with care team members to ensure consistency and quality of care and promotes productive employee relations among staff members. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous improvement, team work and the mission vision and values of the DMC. *
2. Assists the registered nurse by gathering data on patient conditions, direct patient observation. Reports changes in patient medical and/or emotional condition to the registered nurse. Documents interventions and patient responses according to policy. Assists nursing personnel in responding to various emergency patient situations. *
4. Assists in the training/orientation of other technicians and care team members as directed. *
5. Follows all departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous improvement initiatives; safety environmental and infection control standards. *
6. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort and privacy and expresses interest in patient progress. Answers questions from patients and their families and explains procedures and processes within the scope of their training/responsibilities. Maintains confidentiality. *
7. As required by unit needs, performs general clerical duties which may include, but are not limited to, answering telephones and call lights, greeting patients and visitors. *
8. Enhances personal growth through participation in workshops, educational programs, in-service meetings and reviewing current literature. Shares joint accountability (with the institution) for maintaining competencies. *
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing ...OR...
3. Completion of one of the following:
a. A Certified PCA/PCT Program
b. A Certified Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
c. A Medical Assistant Program.
d. An EMT Program
e. A phlebotomy training program
With, six (6) months direct patient care experience, preferred.
1. Good analytical and observational problem-solving skills.
2. Mathematical ability to perform calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication and division etc.
3. Ability to adapt to new technologies used in the work environment.
4. A high level of interpersonal and verbal skill and team work commitment
in order to effectively function as a team member in support of all
services delivered on the patient unit and to effectively communicate with
patients, their families and other hospital personnel to address customer
5. Good reading, writing and comprehension skills in order to understand,
effectively communicate and contribute to procedures, processes, orders,
methods and standards.
6. Physical ability to regularly (80-90% of work time) walk and stand; lift
soiled linens and move equipment as necessary; assist patients in
repositioning, transport, bed to stretcher transferring or car to
wheelchair or stretcher transfer, basic activities of daily living and
maintenance locomotion requiring lifting (very heavy 60+ pounds), bending,
pulling, pushing, standing and walking.
7. Visual acuity and manual dexterity.
8. Ability to perform routine clerical functions such as answering
telephones, taking messages and basic retrieval of computer information.
9. Demonstrates willingness to make a meaningful contribution to the work
environment as evidenced through behavior and attitude.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.