When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email . An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
The Attending Physician VI-SC Primary Care provides general medical ambulatory and inpatient care to adults, educates medical trainees including medical students, residents and fellows, and participates in the quality improvement and program development activities of the Division of General Internal Medicine.
Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (DO) from an accredited college or university.
Board eligibility or certification in Internal Medicine prior to starting employment OR completion of a Family Medicine Board Certification with board certification or board eligibility in Geriatrics and/or Palliative Medicine prior to starting employment
Licensed as a physician in the State of Illinois or eligibility to obtain license prior to starting employment.
Illinois and Federal controlled substance license or eligibility to obtain license prior to starting employment
Record of scholarly achievement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
* Strong customer service and empathy skills
* Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
* Must be able to work varied hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
* Must be able to travel to worksites throughout Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS)
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).
Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
* A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Basic Term Life Insurance
Deferred Compensation Program
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate's start date
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER