DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
In addition to the staff nurse role, assumes shift responsibilities for the care delivery team. Assists in coordinating the provision of care through assigning and scheduling staff, as well as prioritizing, delegating and evaluating patient care. Assists in evaluating patient care provided by nursing staff. Assists in Process Improvement activities. Works with the interdisciplinary team to problem-solve system and unit-based issues. Provides input into nursing staff performance appraisals. Assists with Staff Educational requirements as needed. Participates in activities pertinent to the unit and hospital Demonstrates own commitment to personal and professional goals. The Clinical Coordinator will supplement staffing under direction of Administrative Director and/or Clinical Manager.
The Clinical Care Coordinator takes an abbreviated patient care assignment in order to assure the leadership responsibilities are fulfilled.
1. Functions as lead and resource person for nursing personnel. Acts as a clinical resource person and assists clinical manager in planning and facilitating staff meetings and staff development.
2. Collaborates with manager in prospective monitoring of the schedule to assure adequate nurse-patient ratio on a given shift. Reviews monthly schedule, communicating with staffing office regarding staffing changes.
3. Facilitates shared decision making among staff. Facilitates unit throughput on given shift to improve LOS (Length of Stay).
4. Coordinates/provides in-service programs to assist staff to maintain or enhance their competence in fulfilling job responsibilities based on identified needs of patient care personnel.
5. May assist manager with interview, selection, retention, mentoring, and evaluation of staff.
6. Participates in development of policies, procedures and standards for the department.
7. Assists with department Process Improvement and Peer Review.
1. Associates Degree/Diploma required. BSN preferred.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse by the state of Michigan.
3. One to two years of progressively more responsible experience with evidence of increasing leadership abilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, delegate to others and facilitate processes.
5. Minimum Level 6 of the Promoting Excellence Performance Criteria, if an internal candidate, preferred.
6. BLS required, ACLS preferred.
Primary Location: Commerce Township, Michigan
Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.