is Houston's premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston's famous Texas Medical Center. More than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 30 locations and an accredited Sleep Center in the Greater Houston area. Medical services offered by Kelsey-Seybold include medical care in 65 medical specialties including primary care and specialty care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, a Radiation Therapy Center, laboratory services, advanced radiology services and other diagnostic services, 15 on-site Kelsey pharmacies, and a secure web portal for patients to communicate with their Kelsey-Seybold doctors, get test results and schedule appointments.Pathway to Partnership
Unlike other organizations, Kelsey-Seybold physicians have the opportunity for ownership in the Medical Group, as well as in The Kelsey-Seybold Management Company. The ownership path is clear and straightforward. A Kelsey-Seybold Physician is typically eligible for ownership after three years of employment, board certification, and demonstrated good citizenship. The result is an extraordinary, broad-based, and diverse physician-led organization.When you join Kelsey-Seybold, you become part of an established, physician-owned, and led multispecialty group practice with a 70-year legacy of caring for patients.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other assignments, projects, and duties may be required:
- 72 physicians hold leadership positions
- 56% of our physicians are shareholders
- The average physician tenure is 11 years
- Physician-led board of managers
- Consulting with patients to understand their health concerns.
- Performing specialized tests to diagnose and treat patients.
- Evidence-based approach with appropriate use of endoscopic procedures, CT scan, MRI, Ultrasound, and other tests.
- Shared hospital call and office call are required.
- Completion of three-year Internal residency.
- Completion of three-year Gastroenterology fellowship.
- American Board of Internal Medicine or ABIM certified.
- Board eligibility, with subsequent Board Certification in Gastroenterology.
- Licensed in the State of Texas.
Some experience is preferred but not mandatory. Well-recognized national fellowship programs are preferred.Benefits and Compensation:
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and sub-specialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Heart Institute.
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining - it's all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart's content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records