Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The First Hill Surgery Center is seeking a Registered Nurse to join their team on a full-time basis to work in an ambulatory surgery center setting in Seattle, WA.
Hours: 4x9's. Days Mon, Tue, Thu and Fri.
The RN functions as an integral member of the team and is responsible for providing personalized patient care in the peri-operative setting. The RN’s communication, conduct and performance should support the ASC efforts in becoming a High Performance Organization.
- Provide nursing care in the peri-operative setting (pre op, phase 1, phase 2)
- Ability to safely care for patients from pediatrics to geriatrics in a high volume/fast-paced environment
- Maintain a clean, neat and efficient working environment
- Perform ECG, urine pregnancy, glucometer, I-stat testing/lab draws, bladder scan, insertion of PIV as required
- Manage patient’s admission to the ASC, recovery, and discharge from the ASC
- Assess the status of the patient in pre op and ensure patient identification is accurate
- Ensure patients consents are accurate and complete
- Assess pre-operative vital signs to ensure they are within acceptable parameters for scheduled the surgical procedure
- Perform an initial assessment on arrival in the PACU
- Manage patient’s airways to include airway adjunct management
- Plan and document in the EHR (EPIC)
- Administer narcotic and non-narcotic medication per facility protocol
- Prepare and assist anesthesia provider with patients receiving blocks
- Manage emergency situations and provide effective resuscitation using bag/valve/mask
- Follow established policies and procedures related to the position
- Prepare patients for discharge and provide discharge instruction education
- Understand and deliver quality customer service consistent with the FHSC efforts in becoming a High Performance Organization
- Follow HIPPAA regulations
- Adapt and perform effectively in a continuously changing environment
- Coordinate the patient’s transition through the peri-operative process
- Maintain a team supportive attendance record
- Communication, conduct and dress to portray a professional quality at all times and are in compliance with the ASC appropriate surgical attire policy
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor RN
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Washington State license
- BLS and ACLS certification
- PALS certification or ability to obtain within the first six months of hire
- PACU, ER or ICU experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a worksite building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Interested in learning more? Let’s talk about our opportunities and your career growth!
Interested in learning more about the healthcare field? Let’s talk about our Patient Services Representative opportunities and your career growth!
- Health, vision and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Life insurance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.