Location: West Harrison, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Clinical Nurse - Medical Oncology Office Practice, West Harrison, NY
Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment. Are you ready to join our dynamic nursing team?
- Willing to take action and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development.
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Work within a Nurse-Physician/APP based Ambulatory Care Practice Model
- Provide clinical support to staff members, and assist with the management of a caseload of Medical Oncology patients
- Perform triage for patients face to face and via telephone
- Perform patient assessment, offer patient and family education and symptom management
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up
- New York State RN license and BSN
- 1.5 years of related medical/surgical experience required
- 1.5 - 2 years of medical oncology experience highly preferred
- Ambulatory care experience preferred
- Four days 10-hour days flexed Monday - Friday Location : 500 Westchester Av (W.Harrison)
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
Pay Range $85,100.00-$136,200.00
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.