Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking a Patient Services Rep II to join our team in Wilmington, DE.
The Patient Service Representative II will schedule all appointment requests received via telephone, electronically and fax, following Nemours Standard Business Practices and exhibiting excellence in customer service.
The Patient Service Representative II will apply the Nemours' Standards of Behavior in all interactions with internal and external customers.
The Patient Service Representative II will acquire and maintain an advanced knowledge and proficiency in Department of Surgery scheduling guidelines, Epic functionality and Standard Business Practices and function as a resource expert to colleagues.
Minimum 1 - 3 years job related experience.
*High School diploma or equivalent
*Computer/typing skills required
1. Receive patients in a professional and caring manner.
2. Gather and update information regarding demographics and insurance in a respectful and confidential fashion.
3. Schedule and confirm appointments.
4. Obtain authorization and pre-certification.
5. Document and follow up on referrals.
6. Document and follow up on no-shows and cancelations.
7. Answer telephone using proper phone etiquette and direct calls accordingly.
8. Maintain content and organization of medical records.
9. Register patients, collect payments from patients, post charges according to procedures, provide receipts and appropriately document all financial transactions. This includes cash reconciliation and bank deposit preparation.
10. Order clerical and clinical supplies and maintain records.
11. Monitor waiting rooms and keep patients informed as to schedule delays.
12. Advise families regarding obtaining Medicaid coverage and/or Nemours Financial Assistance for their children.
13. Assist with arrangements for transportation
14. Assist with patient flow.
15. Prepare office communications
16. Participate in quality improvement activities
17. Filing of patient charts, correspondence and related documentation scan documents into EPIC.
18. Maintain inventory of supplies and forms
19. Open and sort mail, lab reports and consultation reports. Stamp "received" and distribute for Provider review.