Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking a RN-Ambulatory (Cardiology), FULL-TIME, to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orland, Florida.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve; we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
The Registered Nurse (RN) Ambulatory Cardiology is responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients to patients cared for in the ambulatory Cardiology locations across Florida. This position will work in a multidisciplinary team to innovate, improve, and advance the quality of care through a patient centered approach.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Delivers care in a nondiscriminatory manner that is sensitive to and values diversity.
- Assess health status by completing a nursing assessment; Performs telephone triage.
- Notifies physician/advanced practice provider of abnormal findings.
- Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team.
- Collaborates with High-Risk Care RN Coordinator and Social Work to ensure smooth and effective transitions of care.
- Assists with specialized diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Assist with specialized patient care equipment as required by the clinical department and medical specialty assigned.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by physician/LIP and monitors patients for response.
- Provides health education to patients and families. Develops, evaluates, adapts, and documents education to learning needs. Assists in preparation of the department specific education for patients and colleagues.
- Facilitates smooth operation of the ambulatory areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing required.
- Current Florida Nursing license in good standing.
- Minimum of one (1) year Registered Nurse (RN) experience required.
- Pediatric experience required; 1 year Cardiology, Cardiac Critical Care, or Cardiovascular surgery preferred.
- Valid American Heart Association BLS Certification required upon hire.
- American Heart Association PALS certification within three (3) months of hire.