Location: Margaretville, New York
The Advanced EMT is responsible for all aspects of patient care in the out of hospital setting, within the scope of certification as determined by NYS DOH.
- Assure ambulance clean & stocked by inspection & completion of pre run check
- Determine type of response required based on dispatch information and weather conditions
- Determine nature & extent of illness &/or injury, and render appropriate emergency care per training, based on NYS BLS & AAREMS ALS Protocols
- Direct & assist crew with patient handling, treatment, lifting, carrying & transport
- Determine need for additional assistance &/or specialty services & request same
- Report patient assessment & care both verbally & documented in PCR
- Secures appropriate patient information & renders care according to written Physician Orders during inter-facility transfers
- Utilize proper radio procedures per county & department policy
- Monitor patient throughout contact
- Assure ambulance response ready post runs
- Integrate with other agencies when necessary
- Adhere to department & hospital Policies & Procedures & Infection Control Program
- Maintain professional conduct & courteous interaction with patients, family/bystanders, other agency personnel, crew members & hospital staff
- Assure ALS equipment & supplies service ready pre & post runs
- Other duties/tasks as assigned
High school graduate or equivalent preferred
1 year preferred
NYS EMT Intermediate, Critical Care or Paramedic; current BLS; current ACLS and PALS (or equivalent)for CC or P; valid/clean NYS driver's license; EVOC or equivalent preferred.
Reading and writing competent
Margaretville Hospital, in Margaretville, NY, is home to Delaware County's most advanced critical-care access hospital. This 15-bed facility cares for more than 240 inpatients annually while performing 14,000 outpatient procedures each year. Margaretville Hospital was named one of the top 100 critical-access hospitals in the nation by the National Rural Health Association. It provides emergency care, ambulatory care services, laboratory testing, medical imaging, physical and occupational therapy, swing-bed rehabilitation programs, respite care, and board-certified specialist and wellness education.